Saturday, April 28, 2012

A spoonful of sugar

franspiration.com
It wasn't a particularly fantastic day. In fact, it was downright hard. Chilly. Rainy. My kiddos are sick, and so am I. Never did get out of my pjs. Found out this week that I've been replaced ... again. But you know, after spending all day wallowing in self-pity and consuming a ridiculous amount of unbelievably yummy home-made chocolate chip cookies, I finally shoved myself out the door -- yes, in my pjs -- into the wet, rainy cold, and took a walk. And while I walked I talked on the phone to someone who is very far away, but who is very close to my heart. (You know who you are. I LOVE YOU!) And while I walked and talked, something miraculous happened. I laughed. I haven't laughed in weeks. Maybe months. And as it happened, I felt the soothing bliss of it wash over my pain-stricken soul, across my heavily-burdened shoulders, and travel right down to my fingertips.

When I got home from my walk, my circumstance hadn't changed, but my attitude had. Everything isn't all better, but I can face it. And it's okay to smile.

“A good laugh overcomes more difficulties and dissipates more dark clouds 
than any other one thing.” 
~Laura Ingalls Wilder

4 comments:

  1. Oh Angel... I am thinking of you! I promise you that this too shall pass! You will never be the same woman you once were but you will survive this and you will be even more stalwart and incredible than you were before. The pain will ease... the emptiness will be filled... you will be OK :)

    Sending you love from Utah! I love you so much!

    Glad you got out and about... sometimes we have to force ourselves to do it, even though we don't want... I'm proud of you!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you laughed and I can't wait to make you laugh some more. I'm pretty good at that! You are beautiful and loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how that woman in the photo looks JUST like you. Yeah baby. You are amazing, strong, wonderful, smart, funny--a perfect package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And YOU are a sweetheart and very kind. And might remember me looking like that beautiful model? Hmmm ... maybe from a certain angle? haha

      Delete