Sunday, May 20, 2012

Prove me

I've been listening to a lot of EFY music lately, which is kind of funny considering I never actually attended an EFY conference when I was in the church youth program. However, I always did love the music! Anyway, the other day while I was rocking out on my iPod on the elliptical, the song "Prove Me" from the 2006 album came on, and I just thought it just fit my current situation, feelings, and attitude so well that I had to share. 

I am trying to be brave. I am doing my best. But in the end it's never enough. I always need the Lord to make up the difference. It's a process, right? This lifetime, I mean. That's what we're doing here, isn't it? Learning. Trying. Struggling. Learning some more. For me, it's just an especially steep learning curve right now. And I suppose I can either whine and cry about it, or ... I can be glad that it's teaching me to be humble and ask for the Lord's help.* I sure have been bugging him a lot lately. =D

(*Note to self: Read this post on a day when I am whining and crying about it!)

Below is the song for your listening (not really viewing) pleasure, and I have also included the lyrics.



Prove Me
by Hilary Weeks

Fearless heart unwavering faith
The kind of courage and conviction that it takes 
To leave your home behind or part the Red Sea 
I wonder did God plant that kind of strength in me? 
Just a seed now but maybe it will grow 

'Till prison walls crumble down around me 
And I've escaped unscathed from the lion's den 
When I have walked so far the handcart starts pushin' me 
Until then ... Prove me 

Centered on the wheel like clay in your hands 
Ready to be shaped and molded by your hand 
And If you'll take this heart willful as it seems 
And through your mercy refine me until I'm complete 
Though I'm weak now you can make me strong 

'Till on a wall arrows cannot harm me 
Until my faith leads me into a grove of trees 
When every nail's in place before the rains and floods come down 
Until then ... Prove me 

I will step into the fire so your love can purify me 
And I'll stay until you say I am through 
Wash away all the flaws and every earthly imperfection 
Until my will turns to you 

Until I trust without hesitation 
When humility has chased away the pride 
Until the day and through your grace I'm welcomed home 
Until then ... Prove me

1 comment:

  1. I highly doubt ANYONE could be bugged with you.... let alone Him :)

    I love you girl... I am cheering you on... every stride you are making, as painstaking slow as it may seem, you are moving forward in MAGNITUDES! I'm not far in front of you... I am just a few steps ahead and I can promise you that it's all going to be better... one step at a time... :)

    You are braver than you EVEN know! I'm SO PROUD of you A! SOOOOO proud... this is the toughest stuff imaginable and you are still alive... you are moving forward... sending my love

    XO

    ReplyDelete