Friday, February 8, 2013

Digging deep

photo source
I've just started reading the Healing Through Christ workbook, and during my personal study this morning, I happened upon this scripture. It fits ever so nicely with my "black sludge" post in which I mourned my inability to reach into the depths of my heart and forgive my ex completely:

35 Nevertheless they did afast and bpray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their chumilityand firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation,yea, even to the dpurifying and the esanctification of their HEARTS,which sanctification cometh because of their fyielding their hearts unto God. (Helaman 3:35, emphasis added of course)

Notice something? All the verbs. These are my action words. This is my recipe for digging deep into my heart. HARD WORK! I know! I'm doing these things. Just a reminder to myself to keep on keeping on and the happy results--also beautifully outlined in this passage--will eventually come!

No comments:

Post a Comment